Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sander's birthday in school!













Wow, Sander is 6! We are so happy that he is one of the oldest in his kindergarten class....he knows exactly what is expected of him and how to behave....so many people think that it is all about academics and get caught up in how "smart" their child is! I laugh! If your child knows how to sit, listen, share, respect everyone and follow instructions then they are prepared to learn and not disrupt the class!
He is SO excited to go to school every day! His teacher is wonderful and he constantly tells me about his "best" friends...we are very blessed that he enjoys it and wants to go. He is also reading! He is so independent, wanting me to drop him off at the door to be able to walk in by himself. Every morning I blink back a tear or two because he looks so small walking up to that big building! I am glad that he is like that though and that I am not in the classroom every week...it makes hearing about it so special!
On his birthday I did visit for lunch and to help out for workstation time. It was great to get a few pics with Mrs. McDonald and his friends! We had yummy cookies from Mary's and sang happy Birthday to Sander!!!

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy birthday to a very handsome boy! So glad he is doing so well at school. I wouldn't expected anything different!!! :)
Blessings!!!

Amy said...

Great pics! I'm so glad he enjoyed his 6th birthday and that he's doing so well in school. And you are right!

Followers