I just can't believe how fast time can go....and when I say "it feels like yesterday..." It TRULY does!!!
Saturday, it was snowing SO hard outside and the roads were awful. I had been having my irregular contractions for days and was just ready to be done with it! One of my very best friends, Amy, had just called and told me that they were moving to Wisconsin and I was oh so sad. I remember crying and crying and then I thought, "I need to get out of here!" So I called Amy and we went to Target to buy some birthday gifts for Grady's birthday the next day!
Saturday, it was snowing SO hard outside and the roads were awful. I had been having my irregular contractions for days and was just ready to be done with it! One of my very best friends, Amy, had just called and told me that they were moving to Wisconsin and I was oh so sad. I remember crying and crying and then I thought, "I need to get out of here!" So I called Amy and we went to Target to buy some birthday gifts for Grady's birthday the next day!
We walked and talked and talked and walked....and by the time I took Amy home my contractions were 2 minutes apart! My parents came and picked up three VERY sick boys and took them to spend the night at their house, I felt so bad- for all of them! We arrived around 6:00pm and my midwife promised that this would be it! We didn't know whether he would make it before midnight or not? Obviously, he did not! :) He was turned face up and would not let me to dialate past 7cm, boo! Dr. Fettinger had to reach in and try to turn him while I pushed! That went on for about 15 minutes and the second he turned, what a relief! I pushed once and he just came flying out! My sweet Burke William Reidsma, born on his big brother, Grady's, birthday!!
What a special day! We called to share the news and learned that Grady had cried all night....a few hours later Jay took him to the emergency room and he had a double ear infection, poor thing! It didn't make for a very happy birthday, at least for Grady. I was sad because none of the boys could visit their new brother....and nervous because I knew I would be taking him home to a sick household...
I remember that time in the hospital, like I do with each child's birth...just like it was yesterday! I LOVE being in the hospital and giving birth! It is such a miracle and I never take it for granted being blessed and given the opportunity by God to do so. Thank you Lord for our sweet babies!
Happy Birthday Grady and Burke, best friends just like Sander and Dawson!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday boys!!! Loved your flashback!!!
Post a Comment