Well..it is getting close to "that" time again! I would love to be chipper and cheery and say that I feel great, but when you are near the end (apparently, with a bigger baby!?) is that really possible? I will say that I am trying to enjoy almost every moment of being pregnant, as we expect this to be our last. (Our last child that comes out of my body, that is!!) Every kick and wiggle is so special!
He has dropped down now, so the heartburn is gone- praise the Lord!! When I went in for my 35wk+4day ultrasound, they estimated him to weigh 7lb 10oz, I about fell off the table! I know they can be off...so I am not too worried.
I saw my favorite midwife, Lyric, yesterday. She is wonderful! She said that his heartrate is great at 150, and that I measured 39 weeks (I am 37). I did have her check me and I was 2cm dilated, YAY! I was glad for anything at all, just a bit more excitement to add to the pot!
As much as I would love for him to arrive tomorrow, we need him to stay snug until Wed evening. Jay is going out of town for a VERY important trip! His company is having a national meeting and they have asked him to present! I am so proud of him, he is working very hard to prepare and is a bit nervous. (though he hasn't said) It is in Indianapolis, so he will be 6 or so hours away. He is going to drive in case I do call him to come home, then he won't be at the mercy of the airport, he can just take off. He leaves Sunday at 10:00am and will return around 9:00pm on Wednesday night.
My next app. is Wed at 11:15 and I see another great midwife, Kelly. When she checks me, if the "conditions" are favorable, she will strip my membranes to get things going. She is supposed to be the BEST at this. So who knows??? I hope that it works and that I am in the hospital on Thursday!!
I do know that we can't PLAN these things and that it is all in God's time!!! With that being said, I am going to do what I can to help out!! This is a pic of me about a week ago...

2 comments:
We can't WAIT for baby Reidsma # 4 to arrive!!!
Love the update! I know you are ready to get the show on the road but hoping you make it until Jay gets home. The boys look sweet and know they are looking forward to meeting their baby brother. Take care and can't wait to hear all about you and the new baby!!!
Shay
Post a Comment