Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day that I will remember for a long time to come! I was camera-less, by choice. I know, I know...shocking! I enjoyed breakfast, then the precious gifts my children gave me. I am saving every one! Sander made something very special in school. Now that he is writing it is so sweet to hear what HE wants to put down on paper. He said that my name is Joole, I have brown eyes, brown hair, 33 years old and that I weigh 100 pounds! (I was cracking up inside!) He also said that I am pretty as a flower. I cried as I opened everything made with their own hands....and then cried again in church as I thought about those gifts!
Fortunately I wasn't a wreck the whole day! We had a wonderful lunch at my parents with Great Grandma Mathis...all the while Grady kept begging to go to "Shagguck Manor"...the place where Great Grandpa is. (Shattuck Manor!)
We went home and Mom came with us to play in the yard and be with me while Jay mowed the lawn before leaving for out of town. It was so nice to work in the kitchen with my Mom! We did all of the rhubarb....cut, cleaned and bagged. We have SO MUCH rhubarb! Today I made my first rhubarb crisp, yum!
So, thank you Mom! And thank you to my family for making Mothers Day special...it just keeps getting better and better!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day. I bet their homemade gifts were so sweet! I can't wait for that day someday. I did get a homemade card from Max they did with him in the nursery! I can't wait to try some rhubarb pie or crisp when we come! :>)

Followers